BSL for "Easter"?

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Sun Mar 4 22:46:31 UTC 2007

Thanks, Val!

I'll use the sign you wrote.

Seems I need to go back and review the basics - I think I might have
been writing "brush" for "rub" and "rub" for "brush" for some time
now  :\

As for the "surface" symbol - I always find a sort of conflict with that
sort of thing. Obviously native signers of a particular language don't
need signs to be fully embellished, but on the other hand, is it worth
doing it so that "foreigners" can read exactly what's going on?

It's a bit like Arabic where you have the choice between either writing
the vowels or not. Native speakers don't see the point in writing them,
learners can barely manage to read a text without.

Anyway, thanks for the sign, I'll try and get this new page done
soon  :)

Sandy