BSL for "Easter"?

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Sun Mar 4 20:35:41 UTC 2007

Dear SignWriters,

Sorry about my seeming protracted absence, I'm working away at my
SignWriting in the background and still reading the list messages, just
not contributing much at the moment!

I'm currently writing a new page for my http://BSLText.org/ website and
need help with a sign that I can't seem to make quite clear. It's the
BSL sign for "Easter" (see attached).

The appearance of the SignWriting may seem a bit unusual as I'm
experimenting with SVG, but in case it's not obvious the yellow bars on
the hands indicate "top view".

The sign simply involves drawing a cross on the back of the left fist
with the right thumb, but I'm not sure if I've made it clear that this
is happening simply by putting the "brush" symbols next to the thumb.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions for improvement (to the sign, I
mean :)

Sandy Fleming