Encyclopedia in American Sign Language

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Mar 11 19:28:36 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
March 11, 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 11:43 AM, Sandy Fleming wrote:
> Well, as others have done I used my common sense and decided that
> someone who devises a new writing system probably doesn't want to
> inhibit its development. Not everyone who reads your pages has common
> sense, though, some people need to be told things!

Hello Sandy!
I am glad that you had common sense and used SignWriting! You are
most welcome ;-)

I have told people that it is free, on the web, since the first time
I posted any web site....

This web page has been on the web since the late 1990's...in which is
states very clearly that SignWriting is free to use:

Frequently-Asked Questions about SignWriting (see number 7)
http://www.signwriting.org/about/questions/questions.html

Is SignWriting Free to Use?
http://www.signwriting.org/about/questions/quest0004.html

But having said that, maybe there is more I can do to make it clear
to people.

Thanks for the tip!