PocketPuddles, SignBank, CUNY Conference

Tue Mar 27 14:10:51 UTC 2007

Val's message to List March 17 (never got posted because the List was
down)....;-)

-------------

SignWriting List
March 17, 2007

Hello Everyone!

Just want you to know that all is going beautifully here!

Steve is in active software development mode, completing our first
release of SignPuddle 1.5 on a PocketPuddle:

PocketPuddles
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle.html

If you wish to purchase the PocketPuddle, they will be available
April 1st!

And SignBank 8.5 is looking beautiful too, and will also be available
April 1st!

I will make a formal announcement when the time comes ;-))

I will be teaching these two computer programs starting March 28th,
to two visiting teachers-researchers, who are also attending the CUNY
Linguistic Conference March 29-31. The CUNY conference is taking
place in La Jolla, California:

CUNY Conference
http://crl.ucsd.edu/cuny2007/

The CUNY Conference has kindly donated a special table for our non-
profit organization, to display our SignWriting materials...isn't
that great?

And then after the conference, on April 1st, I will be teaching our
software to others who are attending the conference.

So in the month of April, I can start teaching all of you on the
SignWriting List, to use the new software too...

So the reason for my silence here on the List, is because I am busily
trying to complete the instruction manuals for the new software, and
I am also working on putting in new data, into both SignPuddle 1.5
and SignBank 8.5...

I hope you all are doing well and are enjoying the month of March...

I look forward to a busy month of April with you!

Best -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting