Signpuddle 1.5

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Fri Mar 30 14:10:21 UTC 2007

I can tell you put a lot of work into this. :)  Two comments though
regarding the Translate feature:

1) Is there a way to freeze the signs that I did select with the radio
button?  I put in my sentence, selected the radio buttons of what I
wanted, and then realized I wanted a different sign or I put in the
wrong gloss. So I went back and changed the gloss and updated, but all
my radio button selections were lost. So could the form remember what
radio button selections were kept for the specific signs that are still
in the sentence after I edited the gloss?

2) When I am doing something under time pressures, I often use the
Translate function to whip out a quick sentence and then clean it up in
SignText. Now, with 1.0, I would save the gloss that I used in
Translate in my keynote presentation comments or in a text file so that
I could get the same sentence back if I needed to change things. Now,
it seems that feature will not work because it is not possible to
access the underscored versions of a sign through Translate. I haven't
done the bookmarking with SignText as much because I had observed that
there is no way to edit a bookmark and save over the existing bookmark.
I have to create a new bookmark if I change a bookmark. That seemed
counterintuitive to me. Besides, I'd just prefer to save a file and
upload a file (SWML or SPML or whatever the format is) to do my editing
of SW documents. It seems easier to me to use the file to share with
others. Is that something that is coming up for SignText?

Thanks,

Stuart