Sign Names in SignWriting ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 1 01:53:51 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 30, 2007

K.J. Boal wrote:
> I personally put the contact symbols as close to the point of
> contact as possible.  So, I have them under the handshape if it's
> at the top of the head, over the handshape if it's at the chin, and
> as for the side of the face... I'd usually have the contact symbols
> above the handshape because you tend to make contact with the
> fingers, not the thumb or the heel of the hand.

Actually, Kelly Jo, in this case, there are rules...if I have
understood correctly what you said above, it sounds like you are
placing the contact stars right next to the area of contact with the
hand separated from the position of the contact? If I have
misunderstood your words above, please forgive...smile...gives me a
great excuse to explain the Position of Contact once again! ;-)