Request-URI Too Large

Tue May 1 12:47:41 UTC 2007

Hi Jonathan  & Cherie,

TinyURL won't work.  The DeafVision server will still reject the
redirect because of the URL length.

The offline version of SignText 1.0 has limitations with regard to
size.  The length depends on the client and the server.  For the client,
it depends on the Operating System and browser.  For the server, it
depends on a max URL length defined in a configuration file somewhere.

Sorry that I can't give you a specific answer.  I'm using GET so that
the offline version of SignText is possible.  SignPuddle 1.5 has
switched to POST so it doesn't have this problem.

If you send me the link privately (and tell me where you want it), I can
hack it in for you.  Once it's in 1.5, the length error will go away.

Regards,
-Steve