SVG and Unicode

GerardM gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 1 13:14:31 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When it comes to Unicode, there are two questions relevant to me.

   - How do we get all the SignWriting symbols in Unicode.
   - Will having the SignWriting symbols in SVG help the move of the
   symbols into Unicode

I start off by stating that I am ignorant about SignWriting, but when I look
at the website I find fifty base figures that can be manipulated in some
fifteen ways. If I have this correctly, it means that all symbols and
UNICODE glyphs will be based on these. If this is true, it may mean that we
could start with a quality SVG and result in a glyph that is acceptable for
use in UNICODE. Obviously I do not know and I am probably overly optimistic,
but I am sure you will tell me if I am.. :)

Thanks,
    GerardM

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/signtext.php