question on sign notation, small arrow heads

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 3 22:54:41 UTC 2007

I believe that there are three movements, not two.  I watched the video several times.  ASL has two movements for nouns, French Sign Language may have three.

I loaded my estomac-C on SignPuddle French, but I'm not sure I can edit it.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM> wrote: SignWriting List
May 3, 2007

When fingers close in a Hinge Motion...down-down...close-close...

then the Finger Movement Symbols are written close to the fingers
that do the closing...

writing the Position of Contact of the fingers...like in these
American signs...

So the sign for ESTOMAC is like the ASL sign for NO-NO, but at a
different angle and will two hands...

I personally would write it like Number 1 below, with no Finger
Movement Symbols at all...but if you want to shorten the sign and
take away a position, here are some possible ways to write it: