Sleeping Beauty page 15

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 8 01:50:53 UTC 2007

She isn't not asking the baby if she understands. This is a classic ASL conjuntion. It is just like saying "But..." So she is saying that "she will not die, but sleep."

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "K.J. Boal" <kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 19:45:24
To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Sleeping Beauty page 15

You're right about WON'T... in this case, I don't think the SignPuddle
version is accurate to what she signs so I'm going to keep it with the
straight-back arrow, but I will move the handshape.

Thank you for attaching the sign for DEAD, though -  duh!  I should have
realized myself that I didn't need both the beginning and ending positions!
:-)  That's a lot cleaner than what I wrote.

Why would she ask the baby if she understands?  I believe you, but it
doesn't make much sense to me...  I'll change that along with the others.
Thank you so much!
KJ