SVG version of our IMWA symbols

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 13 11:38:27 UTC 2007

Here is an example of teaching comparative grammar using both lanes and horizontal writing.  It takes up a large graphic, but for a classroom example of a classic nursery rhyme it may help to show how SW differs in production, grammar, and placement of subjects, verbs, objects, and their relation to one another.  It also shows, for me, how SEE and ASL differ.

Charles

Stuart Thiessen <sw at passitonservices.org> wrote: Well, this is just my 2ยข worth, but it seems to me that most horizontal writing systems lose nothing being written vertically whereas SW seems to miss more when it is written horizontally. I would suggest that when we do comparisons, we do them vertically.  Or we simply put the horizontal text before or after the vertical text.  Just my thought.

Stuart