Old SignPuddle 1.0 Dictionaries...

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Mon May 14 19:23:15 UTC 2007

here (french speaking part of Switzerland) we decided to ask people
to use only the new Puddle 1.5 and not add signs into the old one...
any more (
it's difficult to have two almost same dictionnaries running at the
same time)- >as far as the swiss-french dictionnary you can get
Puddle 1.0 down! we won't use it any more!

we don't have a lot of people adding signs for Swiss french LSF
now... so I guess it's quite simple here...
  it might not be the case in other countries where much more people
are involved into writing signs into the dictionnary.

I think another argument for getting Puddle 1.0 down is the space
used for each of these dictionnary!! (that's more a techincal problem
I guess!)

Anny

Le 14 mai 07 à 19:59, Valerie Sutton a écrit :

> SignWriting List
> May 14, 2007
>
> Hello Steve and Everyone!
>
> Guess what? I was slow to change all the web pages for each
> country, to direct them to their new SignPuddle 1.5
> dictionaries....plus some people still have old bookmarks for the
> old SignPuddle 1.0 dictionaries...and plus some people may not feel
> the need to change to SignPuddle 1.5...
>
> But the end result is that some of the old SignPuddle 1.0
> dictionaries are still being used, and they are growing larger,
> while the new ones with their transferred signs, are not growing in
> SignPuddle 1.5...
>
> I wonder if we should change over officially to SignPuddle 1.5 now
> and no longer have 1.0 on the web?
>
> I am not saying we have to do this...
>
> It might be a very bad idea to do that too..
>
> I am writing to ask you what your opinions are?
>
> Do you think we should all jump to SignPuddle 1.5 now?
>
> Or are some of you still using SignPuddle 1.0?
>
> Should we leave both on the web forever, or what is your opinion?
>
> Val ;-)

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod
ruelle des chambres chaudes 1
1271 Givrins