Basic calendar and clock in SignWriting

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Tue May 22 22:22:55 UTC 2007

Just as an interesting aside, in BSL it's not unusual to see "MM7".

The "MM" is the Roman numerals for "2000".

I think this sign was influenced by the BBC who always use Roman
numerals to date their programs. We always used to see a long string of
letters at the end of every program, but in the year 2000 this changed
to the startlingly simple "MM", which I think must have caught the
attention of the Deaf as an easy way to sign the year.

Sandy