Sleeping Beauty, Skype and PocketPuddles ;-)

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 30 03:17:23 UTC 2007

Yes, Steve and I found out that Skype and PocketPuddle are competing for the same port. To fix this, go to the Tools menu in Skype and click on "Options..." From there, click on the "Connection" tab on the side of the dialoge box. Then you will see a checked box that says "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections." Uncheck this box, and we are home free. No more competition! As simple as that. (BTW it is port 80 that is being competed for. So if you have anything else that uses this port, it might be a good idea to check it out.)

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at MAC.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:41:07
To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Sleeping Beauty, Skype and PocketPuddles ;-)

Hi Kelly Jo and Adam!
I just want to thank you both for your hard work and I am sorry for
my silence on your writing...I look forward to really focusing on the
whole document later this summer...wonderful to see you writing so much!

And by the way...I understand that Adam has learned a lot about the
PocketPuddle recently, related to Skype? ;-)

I believe that Kelly Jo has recently installed Skype, and owns a
PocketPuddle?...I was wondering, if you could tell us what happened,
Adam...I believe that Skype and the PocketPuddle were competing for
the same port?

I actually could use the instruction myself, as to what to do, if one
is using both Skype and a Pocket Puddle...

Many thanks Adam, in advance, for this instruction ;-)