question SignText PUddle 1.5 - SignText 1

Wed May 30 14:25:23 UTC 2007

Hi Anny,

There is not a new download of SignText for SP1.5.

These is a way to move over documents from 1.0 to 1.5, but it involves
changing the URL in the browser window.

Step 1:
Open SP 1.5 and open the correct puddle.  Log in if needed.

Step 2:
Open the ST 1.0 bookmark

Step 3:
In the browser URL, change everything before the ? with:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle1.5/canvas.php

Here's an example...
FROM:
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/signtext/options.html?list=01-01-001-01-01-01...
TO:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle1.5/canvas.php?list=01-01-001-01-01-01...

Step 4:
Press Return

This will allow you to save the offline SignText document into SP1.5.

--------------------------------------

Right now, SignPuddle 1.5 is  still using the SignMail from 1.0.  I'm
rewriting SignText and SignMail to work with SP1.5.

I haven't planned a new offline version of SignText because it requires
a lot of compromises and will not work on all file systems.  The
PocketPuddle is a replacement for the offline version and includes
SignPuddle 1.5 with SignText already integrated.

Once I finish the new SignText and setup the puddle merging between the
SignPuddle Server and the PocketPuddle, we should be able to work online
or offline and easily move data between the two.

Regards,
-Steve