Contact symbol put where? :-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 1 02:25:35 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 30, 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> Yeah. That makes sense to me. What about Philip and other Deaf on
> the list?  What do you all think?
> Stuart

Adam and Stuart!

This feels right to me, and no surprise it is coming from Deaf people
who are skilled with SignWriting already...

Signers who use a Sign Language as their daily primary language have
influenced almost every rule we have with SignWriting. And this is no
exception! Very exciting ;-))))

The Position of Contact rule came from working with our first group
of DAC members...

There are Movement Writing rules and SignWriting rules, and they both
are used, but I love the fact that signers who are Deaf influence the
SignWriting rules...

Anyway...following this rule, I want to be sure I understand how you
both would write the one with the hand to the side of the cheek...see
attached...I would think it would be the contact symbols to
side?...those are opposite the Position of Contact?

We will have a lot of signs to change in the dictionary! ;-)