AW: {Quarantine} [sw-l] Contact symbol position where?

Tue May 1 08:58:14 UTC 2007

Hi KJ, - and listmembers

“However, if the Deafies on the List and the DAC agree on something other
than my choice, I'm willing to be flexible. :-)”

Well, I hesitate to understand your comment. The point might be that you as
the scribe of your documents need kind of  “insight” oder “understanding” of
what you are doing. I love and go along with your suggestion how to write
the contact stars – kind of close to the location but not between head and
hand – smile

There is no need to fix any rules and standards right now. It makes sense to
study Valeries writing again and again. I could not search for enough
original “Sutton SignWriting” in order to develop some kind of feeling for a
good “Gestalt” of given signs.

And I guess that SignWriting is that all about. Contrary to a string of
isolated symbols we arrange the symbols from the IMWA so that with a glimps
we identify the whole arrangement as what it stands for.

So Adam, Stuart, Val and others may develop some rule about this in the
future .... and I agree that the experienced DEAF SignWriting scribes
usually develop a strong feeling about a well written and easy to understand
“sign”

Stefan ;-)

  _____