Request-URI Too Large

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Tue May 1 12:53:56 UTC 2007

I just used it for something recently with signwriting....  I can't
remember what....  must have been something different?

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Steve Slevinski" <slevin at signpuddle.net>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
05/01/2007 08:47 AM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] Request-URI Too Large

Hi Jonathan  & Cherie,

TinyURL won't work.  The DeafVision server will still reject the redirect
because of the URL length.

The offline version of SignText 1.0 has limitations with regard to size.
The length depends on the client and the server.  For the client, it
depends on the Operating System and browser.  For the server, it depends
on a max URL length defined in a configuration file somewhere.

Sorry that I can't give you a specific answer.  I'm using GET so that the
offline version of SignText is possible.  SignPuddle 1.5 has switched to
POST so it doesn't have this problem.

If you send me the link privately (and tell me where you want it), I can
hack it in for you.  Once it's in 1.5, the length error will go away.

Regards,
-Steve

Cherie Wren wrote:
try tinyURL...  its a website