SignWriting on OmegaWiki ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu May 3 01:20:07 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 2, 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 8:34 PM, Jonathan wrote:

> Val,
>     I was wanting to put up sample of what I was trying to
> explain.  But I don't know where you have the IMWA png files from
> SignText 1.0.  Looks like it got cleaned up with the coming of
> SignPuddle 2.0.

Hello Jonathan:

This is where I have the symbols on the web:

SymbolBank (Number 4 on this page)
http://www.MovementWriting.org/symbolbank

IMWA Downloads (including Machado's SVG)
http://www.movementwriting.org/symbolbank/IMWA-Downloads.html

I will be working on the ISWA (International SignWriting Alphabet)
from May 15-July 4th...it is a time period where I have fewer
distractions and I hope to get a clean symbolset for SVG work...

The ISWA will have new handshapes for Ethiopian Sign Language, and
some of the DanceWriting symbols will be gone...and no skateboards
and axes ;-))

Then someday, there will be a complete IMWA, but probably when I am
80 years old and DanceWriting will be my focus...

What matters right now is to get a really good ISWA that really works
for all signed languages...

Thanks for your question...