question on sign notation, small arrow heads

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu May 3 22:56:44 UTC 2007

Hello Stefan!
Thanks for this question.

They are just the NO hand with the right and left hands...same
handshape...just facing each other...the NO hand for the left hand
has the back of the hand to the floor, parallel to the floor, so we
are seeing the palm of the left hand, and the fingers are in the NO
position... pointing at each other, the arms projected forward,
rather than seen from the side as you wrote it...which is fine
too...both writings are fine...I was just writing it with the
handshapes that Anny had chosen, but placing them pointing towards
each other...that's all...But I like your handshapes too! They are
all fine...Anny's question was about the Finger Movement symbols
themselves so I just used her handshapes she had chosen...