Report from Val's desk May 10, 2007

Thu May 10 17:15:51 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 10, 2007

Report from Val's desk May 10, 2007

1. Requests for information on SignWriting, or instruction for
SignWriting users, from India, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Guam, Turkey
and the Netherlands....these requests just came in this morning!

2. SignBank 8.5 (several requests and I want to teach you how to use
it too!)

3. ISWA for SignPuddle and SVG development

4. SignPuddle 1.5 Reference Manual and SignSpelling Guidelines 2007
(related to creating SignSpellings in the SignSpelling Column in
SignPuddle 1.5)

5. ASL Literature Editing and Publishing this summer ;-)

6. Translating Stefan's Handbook on SignWriting, from German to
English...an ongoing project ;-)

and

7. May 31st....SignPuddle Presentation to the Laboratory for Language
and Cognitive Neuroscience in San Diego, directed by Dr. Karen Emmorey

http://emmoreylab.sdsu.edu/index.php

They will be using a Private WebPuddle for their research and I will
teach them how to use the software on their computers in their
research lab...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Online Sign Language Community
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

6. MovementWriting