SignWriting is a recognized script as of Oct 2006

Fri May 11 17:07:30 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 11, 2007

Dear SignWriting List!

Different writing systems (scripts) around the world, are categorized
and given numbers for computer encodings of languages and writing
systems.

You can review a listing of officially recognized scripts in the
world on this web page:

Codes for the representation of names of scripts

ISO 15924 Code List
http://unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html

Scroll down that page...you will find:

Sgnw....SignÉcriture, SignWriting

SignWriting has been an official script in this listing since October
10, 2006!

And I did not realize this until a few weeks ago...

Many thanks to Michael Everson, for your efforts in this regard ;-))

I hope this leads to further acknowledgment around the world, that
signed languages can be written!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Online Sign Language Community
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

6. MovementWriting