SVG version of our IMWA symbols

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 14 13:39:27 UTC 2007

I guess what I am saying is that now it's coming up question marks when an alternate would be to fingerspell the term (which often happens in ASL).  It might not happen in other signed languages.

Charles

Sandy Fleming <sandy at scotstext.org> wrote: On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 10:32 -0700, Charles Butler wrote:
> Vertical fingerspelling.   Will the old system that took anything
> written in spoken language that did not have a sign and put it into
> default fingerspelling be reincorporated?  It would certainly help.
>
> Charles

Charles, I would store fingerspelling as the corresponding letters
inside the computer, so that you can switch between the two renderings
just the same as you could switch between any other sort of rendering.

I hope I'm not giving the impression that this is software I've actually
written yet! The more I discuss it here, the more I put it off, so that
I understand what sort of things we really want before I start. But it's
not time wasted, getting as much as possible right, before I start!

Sandy