Wiki article on SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat May 19 15:32:54 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 19, 2007

Cherie Wren wrote:
> I have been playing with Wikipedia...  check out the article on
> SignWriting and see if anything needs to be changed.  I rewrote the
> section on basic principles, and added some images of stuff I wrote.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting#Basic_Principles
>
> cherie

----------

Hello Cherie!
This is wonderful. THANK YOU. The old article needed improvement...
And I really like what you have said....This is so much better than
before...

I wonder...is there a way to actually show the handshapes in
SignWriting while you are discussing them?..For example, when you
mention the square for a fist, it could link to:

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/026%20Basic-Handshapes.html

The term "pentagon shape" ....I have no clue what a pentagon looks
like....So the more visual you make it the better...or link to
diagrams on the web...

But what you have done is really good...Can you place a paragraph
about SignPuddle Software and link to it?

We actually need a separate Wikipedia article about SignPuddle
Software too...people need to know where to go to search for signs
already written, and how to create signs themselves on the web...

And I think your link to your SignWriting document is perfect!

Maybe a Wikipedia article about SignWriting Literature, linking to
all the documents written in SignWriting would be a good idea too...

Thank you once again, Cherie!