Wiki article on SignWriting

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Mon May 21 14:41:16 UTC 2007

Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
05/21/2007 10:33 AM
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
[sw-l] Wiki article on SignWriting

SignWriting List
May 21, 2007

CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> This is the picture I was thinking of, but its using the stokoe
> handshapes from this picture    Which I still have no idea where it
> came form.  So although I think they would be great information for
> the SW article, I have no way to determine the license for the
> picture of Stokoe's handshapes.

This is a wonderful chart, Cherie!

I have never seen this before that I remember...but I like it!!

I can send you the illustrations that we own the copyrights to, and
you could replace the illustrations one by one...If you have time to
do that, tell me, and I will start sending them to you...I may not
have all of them, but you could always take photos of your own hands
too...I have some hand photos as well, of my nephew's hands...

Once the illustrations are replaced, then I hope when you post it,
that you will give it the most open and free license
possible...copyright free....I want everyone to use SignWriting, and
diagrams related to it, freely with no restrictions...

I feel frustrated when people think a writing system would be
restricted from use...nothing can be farther from the truth...

We can place this new chart on our SignWriting site as well as
Wikipedia...I know it will be useful to people, as it was to you ....

Many thanks for all you are doing, Cherie...