Question about 2-page reference sheet

Sat May 26 16:17:24 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 26, 2007

Hello SW Listers!
I received this question yesterday...see my answer below...

--------------

> I used signwriting to make notes in my ASL class and when I am
> looking up signs on-line.
>
> I'm trying to find a two-page reference sheet (e.g. when I cannot
> remember how to do the middle
> finger for "empty"). I have search the web, but find nothing like a
> PDF.
>
> I also want to show my class-mates what signwriting is.
>
> Any ideas ?

--------------

Hello!
And thanks for this question...

You are looking for a two-page reference sheet listing all the
handshapes in SignWriting that are used to write ASL?

Cherie Wren is developing such a chart, with each symbol placed next
to the illustrations of the handshape. It is not ready yet.

But meanwhile, you said you need the handshape used to write EMPTY in
ASL?

If you go to

SignPuddle ASL
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/#sgn-US

and search for the sign for EMPTY...you will find this: