Question about 2-page reference sheet

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun May 27 16:37:53 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 27, 2007

On May 27, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Cherie Wren wrote:
> I think what s/he might be looking for is something I did when we
> were learning handwriting...  I got pictures of all the handshapes
> commonly used in ASL --with all 6 associated palm facings--  and
> put them on cards.  I have about 12 index cards (some groups took
> more than 1 card) numbered by group, and I flip to the card to
> figure out which way the fingers go on some of the more complicated
> handshapes, like the one in vacant/empty/nude.  I suppose I could
> do it on a two sided sheet.  Then, Val, you could sell laminated
> copies of these reference sheets to earn money for
> SW...  ::smile::   Another project to add to the list!  Is this
> person the cc address?  I could send her what I use as soon as I
> get back to work.

Hello Cherie!
This will be great...Thank you!

But I do not want to sell them....They should be free for download on
our web site, so that anyone can benefit from them...

And sure I can laminate printed copies and give them freely to people
in our free SignWriting Information Packets if you wish...

So if you wish to place this chart free on the web for download, I
would love it...Just send me the artwork and I will post the
document...many many thanks.

And believe me, I appreciate your offer to make money for
SignWriting! I just know the reality...people do not purchase
materials in our SignWriting Shop...most people do not have the money
and want to learn for free and I agree with that...They need the
Reference Chart so why not donate to education? I believe in donating
freely!

Our non-profit organization can reimburse you for any costs to you...

You said you need software for your home computer? Have you
considered getting Photoshop? What program do you want for your home
computer? Maybe we can help with that cost...you are donating so much
to us!