Deaf kid in Tibet: can anyone help?

Erika Georgiana Hoffmann eghoffma at UMICH.EDU
Wed May 30 20:20:15 UTC 2007

While I am not in contact with any deaf people in Tibet, I have a lot
of contacts with deaf associations and deaf schools in Nepal, the
Himalayan country just to the south. There are many Tibetans living
there - and perhaps it would be possible to transfer him to a deaf
school in Kathmandu or Pokhara. If this is something that the orphanage
might consider, I can give you some contact info for these schools and
associations.
Best,
Erika Hoffmann

Quoting Kimberley Shaw <skifoot at gmail.com>:

> Hello Signwriters:
> do any of you have any connections with Deaf people in Tibet?
> It sure would be great to connect this kid with a community!
> Have had little time to do SignWriting things, but I hope to change
> that soon.
> Best,
> Kim from Boston

>>> or
>>> anything.  I think he would love this and use it a lot, so if any
>>> of you
>>> are interested in getting him some sign language books, flash
>>> cards, or
>>> posters please let me know.  He would need something with clear and
>>> simple
>>> pictures.
>>>
>>> Here is the website of the orphanage, the Jatson Chumig Welfare
>>> Special
>>> School.