SignPuddle Servers

GerardM gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 9 22:42:54 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I know about the existence of the diverse SignPuddle projects. When you want
to have this functionality to be used in countries like Kenia, I doubt very
much that the price asked will make it possible for them to buy and install
it.

In my opinion, what would be good is to have this software be Open Source
and start looking for funding for supporting all the SignPuddles.  The sales
pitch would be along the lines of "Sign languages can be written in
SignWriting. We need to go out and support SignWriting by providing material
and software and emancipate the signing cultures of this world."

I am sure that it needs something more catchy. But I am equally sure that
when funding organisations understand better that it is to help IMPLEMENT in
stead of develop support we will find it easier to get the necessary
funding.

Thanks,
    Gerard