Background colour?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Nov 10 06:36:42 UTC 2007

Yes...filling the white palms with white paint was discussed two
summers ago as well, and it was decided that it was worth the many
weeks work for me to go back and fill all the white palms with white
paint, rather than being transparent like they were in the beginning,
so that we can see which hand is on top of, or in front of
another...at the moment only a few hands are like that in the current
symbolset, but when the ISWA is installed all the hands will be
consistently with white plams...and it really helps when reading a
document...

As far as having two symbolsets...one with transparent palms like
before to use with colored backgrounds, and one with white
palms...even if that were programmable, and it probably is, that is
not on the most urgent to-do list right now...other more important
things come first, but of course someday we can consider it...Maybe i
will have to create two sets of the ISWA...one with transparent palms
and one with white palms - who knows!

And as far as writing by hand goes...of course we do not take the
time to go find a white ink pen and fill the square with white ink!!

Writing by hand is so simple in comparison and these issues were not
even thought of years ago, but as computers have become important to
publishing then the computer software gets more and more
sophisticated...and when a new feature is introduced, like
SignWriting columns on a colored background, then new issues and
needs for new features pop up as well...

So anyway, Steve, if you are reading this, there are other things
that are more important than getting transparent palms for colored
backgrounds!

Thanks for your input, everyone...it is great that you are interested
in testing these things ;-)

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help