PERU Save Customize Sign

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Nov 12 17:33:36 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
November 12, 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 9:13 AM, Gblpbl at aol.com wrote:
> Ok..I see I can make the sign as big as "2"...and change colors,
> etc..now..how to print it? Is "2" as big as I can  make it?
> Also..if I customize a sign...will it appear in the puddle as
> customized or does it stay the normal size and color in the puddle?
> Polly

Good! You know more about computers than you think ;-))

The signs that are already saved in SignPuddle do not change size or
color.

The Customize Sign button is used to change a sign temporarily, so
you can copy that customized sign into another document to print.
Once you do that, and you leave the Customize Sign area, your
customization disappears ;-)

In the regular SignPuddle the entries will remain just as the others
are...black on white background...so you can always return and
customize the same sign to be another size and color, without hurting
changing the general dictionary online.

Now, as far as printing...I assume your computer has other programs,
such as a Paint Program, or Microsoft Word? Or any other program that
will accept a graphic...

You copy the customized sign from SignPuddle, into other software to
print...

There are several ways to copy the sign from SignPuddle, into
Microsoft Word...

You can place your mouse over the graphic (the colored enlarged sign)
and right-click on your mouse. Choose Copy Sign, or Save As...there
are several choices...If you choose Save As...give the sign a name
and place it on your desktop. Then open Microsoft Word and choose
Insert Picture from a File....it will ask you to find your sign and
once you do that, it will be inserted into a Word document, and then
you can print from Word...

Try that and write again with the next question...