Supporting Deaf People online conference

Judith Mole judithm at DIRECTLEARN.CO.UK
Thu Nov 29 10:57:26 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,

Just to let you know that registration for the
fifth Supporting Deaf People online conference is
now open. These conferences are aimed at deaf
people and those working with deaf people. The
themes this year are deaf education and educational interpreting.

Some of the presentations include:

•A Deaf Student’s Perspective on Mainstream Education
•SigAm - The bilingual education of deaf project
•Ten years of bilingual deaf education in Norway - where are we?
•Emotional Intelligence in School
•The use of sign language in examinations for Deaf students in Higher Education
•Educational interpreting and learning:  What do we know?
•Boundary Issues in Educational Interpreting: Where do you draw the line?
•Education of the Deaf: Mediated by Interpreters. Theory and Application
•Practical Application of the Demand Control
Schema* with Educational Interpreters
•Educational Interpreting – Multiple Perceptions about our Work
•The Role of Qualified Note-takers in Higher Education: An Emerging Profession?
•Leveraging Communication Access Solutions as a Team
•Educational Interpreting in Nigeria: an Assessment of Development

The conference takes place 6th - 9th of February
2008. An early-bird discount is available until the 15th December.

For more info on how it works, programme, etc. see
<http://www.online-conference.net/sdp2008/introduction.htm>http://www.online-conference.net/sdp2008/introduction.htm

If you have not ‘attended’ one of our online
conferences before – try it. Great fun and the
best value for money international conference you can find!

All the best,
Judith Mole