terms Phonetic and Phonemic

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Fri Nov 30 19:10:08 UTC 2007

Ha! OK Steve -

That is very interesting...your description makes it clear that both
phonetic and phonemic are terms that can relate to SignWriting in
some way...so that is good...it is not all black and white...there
are shades of grey...

SignWriting is like a globe with many viewpoints looking at it from
different perspectives...

It is flexible and can be applied in different ways, depending on the
need and the profession writing it...

I don't believe there are terms in the English language to match what
is happening in all aspects of SignWriting, and that is ok...

I am grateful to all of you for taking the time to think about it and
describe it!

Val ;-)