White on black for Deaf-Blind

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 30 02:46:23 UTC 2007

Yes, I agree. Mac has it right in this area. ;-)

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at mac.com>

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:42:57
To:"SignWriting List" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Subject: [sw-l] White on black for Deaf-Blind

On Oct 29, 2007, at 7:36 PM, Adam Frost wrote:
> Andre,
> I have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8. You can get to the
> Accessibility Mode by pressing CTRL+K. To change what Val was
> talking about just press CRTL+K and then A (for accessibility
> mode), then press ALT+H (for High Contrast Colors), TAB to go to
> the drop down menu and down one for "Yellow on Black" or twice for
> "White on Black". However, I could not get the SignWriting to
> change to white on black because it won't change image colors.
> Hmm... So it seems to be that images in PDFs can not have the
> contrast colors changed in this mannar. I will have to ask around
> at work if it is possible. (I work with several Deaf-Blinds myself.)
> Hand waving
> Adam

Yes...this is all true and very well explained, Adam - thank you!

Take a look at how beautiful the Macintosh reverses everything for
the Blind...here is a page from DocumentMaker the way it looks on the
Mac, when you choose to reverse your screen...I like it so much
myself I reverse my screen sometimes just to see everything reversed
it is so beautiful to look at! (see attached)..

I would be happy to raise the money to get a Macintosh for Andre just
so his life could be easier - imagine how wonderful to be able to see
everything on your computer, Andre, with no struggle...

It is done with one keystroke - you can toggle back and forth and
everything on the screen reverses without any special programming...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help