download new free Adobe Reader

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Tue Oct 30 02:36:33 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
October 29, 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 6:57 PM, K.J. Boal wrote:
> Wonderful!  By the way, I just downloaded the first 3 chapters of
> John by Nancy Romero; it took a while and it keeps telling me I
> don't have the right version of Adobe, but I can see it just fine
> and it doesn't try to work through MS Word.  I'm looking forward to
> seeing Sleeping Beauty!

Hello Andre, Kelly Jo and everyone -

It is great to hear from you...we have missed you!

Perhaps you need to download the latest newest free version of Adobe
Acrobat Reader...It is a good idea, so you don't get messages saying
you are not up to date!

Go to this page to download:

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

I have a PC laptop, running Windows XP, and I just downloaded Adobe
Acrobat Reader 8.1 for Windows XP...

Andre - In version 8.1, under the Edit Menu at the top, click on that
and you will get a Pull-Down Menu...The Preferences are at the very
bottom...the last item...at the bottom of the Edit Menu...

In Preferences, click on Accessibility on the left of the Preferences
box.

Make your choices, such as Use High Contrast Colors and so forth.

Then when you open PDF documents, some of them will reverse
automatically for you...so at least that is better than nothing...

Our new DocumentMaker will have a way to create the reversed
documents you need, but it is special software and for me to have to
do two sets of the same document...one for sighted people and one for
blind people, is a great deal of work...so I cannot promise how many
of them I can create that way, but at least you could create your own
that way too, if you are interested later...

So the future is bright!

Someday I would like to hand you a Mac so you can see everything
reversed and all the problems go away!

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help