AW: [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 3

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 31 14:13:34 UTC 2007

The last sign on this page isn't cake. ;-) It's AMOUNT or PILE-OF to refer to "a lot of" presents.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Stefan Wöhrmann"
	<stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.de>

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:22:09
To:"'SignWriting List'" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Subject: AW: [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 3

Hi Kelly, Adam,

this is funny – exact these signs caught my attention as well.

I like the spelling of friends because even the uninformed reader – like me – (not knowing ASL)  would perform this sign perfectly – congrats – it is not an easy to write sign. ;-=

Well cake – the reason for my hesitation has been the location of the rotation movement and your idea not to write the beginning position of the right hand. Your spelling is not wrong – of course not – but for reasons of a fluent reading I personally prefer to add the beginning position of the right hand.

Stefan ;-)