CZECH question about contacts and arrows

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Sep 2 13:54:05 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 2, 2007

Thank you, Honza, for these questions. I will try to answer them
today. I am sorry for the delay...If anyone else has the time to
answer too, that would be great!  Val ;-)

-----------------

Honza wrote:

Hey all,

after my first lessons at university I have some questions about rules.

First about writing contact and rules for that.
1) How do you know where is the contact made? - logically it is
supposed to be in the centre of hand (right hand). But is there way
how to write where is the contact exactly made? (probably here http://
www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less006.html)  It is not easy to
write that especially if one of hands is black.
(see 1.jpg)
1a) what is more important? where is contact made? do you know thanks
to hands positions or thanks to contact symbols?

2) How to write "lasting" contact?
common contact * is signed in way (see 2.jpg) to the place of contact
and then away.
But how to write contact if there is just movement to the place of
contact. Just without * symbol?

3) where to write contact symbol
I have already found it here http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/
elessons/less063.html

4) the last one. I haven't managed to find it on the web. What are
rules for writing arrows. There is example as attachment 3.jpg. Do
you read the arrows from the left to the right, or from top to
bottom, or from the center of the signs? I always thought it is read
from the left to the right or from the top to the bottom

many thanks

Honza