CZECH question about contacts and arrows

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Sep 2 15:21:04 UTC 2007

On Sep 2, 2007, at 8:04 AM, Honza wrote:
> * means touching and going away.. but what if I want to write
> movement just to the surface and not going away?
> Or maybe thats wrong explanation of making contact.
>
> to the second picture: I meant reaching the surface - making
> contact but staying on the surface then - not moving away.
>
> Hope it is clearer now ;)
>
> Honza

Val writes:

Ah. Now I understand. The Touch Contact Star does not mean "touching
and then moving away"...

So please do not teach that...that is not true at all.

The Touch Contact Star, all by itself, simply means "Touch", and the
details of writing whether it stays on the surface, or moves away, is
either assumed because we are writing for everyday use, or we write
the details in different ways, to give the reader more information...

So I assume, when I read these two signs below, that there is
"lasting contact"...in both of these cases, there is lasting contact...