writing rules

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Sep 2 15:50:21 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 2, 2007

On Sep 2, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Honza wrote:
> I have more and more questions, because people are asking me and I
> am less sure then before.
> There are some writing rules.
> First - the center of sign is beginning position
> Second - the contact place is center of sign (there are often not
> beginning but ending possition, or "contact" possition")
>
> are there more writing rules?
> It seems to me there are no certain rules and it confuses my
> students in some ways. (maybe I've just didn't find them)

There is Spelling Rule 1 and 2 on the web:

SignSpelling Rule 1: Write the Position of Contact
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less063.html

SignSpelling Rule 2: Every Sign Has A Center
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less064.html

and all the web pages in-between finishing on this web page:

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less064.html

Be sure to read all the web pages in Rule 2 ;-))

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help