question on sign notation /small movments

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Tue Sep 4 21:56:00 UTC 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> one of the signs comes from the belgian Puddle.... tha other one
> was written by Anita my friend (before seing the other model...) i
> know both palm facing mean the same in this specific situation.....

Of course, and Anita...they are both correct ;-)

Generally I would choose the white palmed symbols for both cases,
because in the long run it is easier to read...when reading fast, we
found that the white palms were the easiest symbols to read...

The overhead view is harder to read...the reader has to
think...ok..."I am looking down on my hands and my baby fingers are
to the floor"....

when the white palm is clearly toward the chest with little or no
thinking...so for publishing that was an unspoken rule that is
helpful...

but both are correct...