What would my name look like in SignWriting

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Fri Sep 7 22:52:27 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 7, 2007

When it comes to Fingerspelling, we do have TrueType fonts, that are
like SVG...they can be written at any size as a real font can be...

To download the Sutton Fingerspelling Fonts designed by Michael
Everson, go to:

http://www.signwriting.org/catalog/sw214.html

and in this case, if you are using ASL fingerspelling, as Charles
used, download the ASL Fingerspelling Font, and install the font into
your system and then just start typing spoken language...the
fingerspelling fonts will come out as you type...;-)

The problem is that they are just like another typeface, so you have
to choose them all the time in the Fonts menu, and other people will
have to have them installed if they want to read something in
Fingerspelling...but you can take a screen capture of it, and then
make a graphics file from that for your logo ;-)

It is wonderful that so many people have joined the cause for
SignWriting funding in Facebook and I certainly plan to share the
funding, with the SignWriting users around the globe...so it is a
global funding cause ;-))

I am finishing the Video Instruction for SignBank Dictionary
Databases soon and hope to be able to announce that plus several
other important developments by Monday -

Have a great weekend everyone!

Val ;-)

PS. There are Fingerspelling TrueType fonts for several
countries...including Japan on the page above...Ask Michael Everson
about them...He worked hard on them...

Plus there are two other TrueType font families for SignWriting:

Parkhurst SW Fonts
http://www.signwriting.org/spain/parkhurst/

Woehrmann SW Fonts
http://www.signwriting.org/germany/germany.html