Testing SignBank DocumentMaker

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Sep 9 21:46:53 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 9, 2007

On Sep 9, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> I downloaded  the emplty signBank... (step 1) and watched the video
> instructions (step2)
> I'm stuck with step 3 as ther are no document at all in the swiss
> puddle litterature....
> how should I go on ?

Hello Anny and Everyone!

smile...

SignBank works hand-in-hand with SignPuddle.

In SignPuddle, you create the documents by clicking on the SignText
button and saving the documents in SignPuddle, usually in the
Literature area. So in your case....

1. Go to your Swiss-French SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#sgn-CH-fr

2. Click on Litterature

3. And start writing your first document ;-))

It will be good for you to start writing maybe the first sentences of
Goldilocks in French-Swiss Sign Language, and saving it there to get
started...

Or...

Just for testing the software, open the ASL Literature Puddle and
test it by using one of those documents...wrong language I admit ;-)

By the way, at the moment, as you know, DocumentMaker is inside
SignBank. And in the SignBank Video Instructions:

http://www.signbank.org/help/SignBankVideoUS/

SignBank Video Number 6 teaches how you can change the Navigation
Language to Swiss-French...You can do that right now for
DocumentMaker too...it will change the four icons at the top of
DocumentMaker to French...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help