Movements of the tongue or of the lips?

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Tue Sep 11 16:10:31 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 11, 2007

Marisa Braasch wrote:
> What do these three symbols exactly mean? In sign puddle I found
> them in the "mouth" section, not in the "tongue" section, if that
> helps.
> Thank you...

Hello Marisa, and welcome to the SW List.
And many thanks for this question from you and Stefan...Good question!

First, the symbols you are asking about were developed at the time
that Ingvild Roald, from Norway, requested these symbols for the
tongue tightly pressed between the lips...I will answer your question
related symbols that are needed in Norwegian Sign Language. They are
under the tongue section where they should be!
continued next message...

see attached screen capture of
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less076.html