Improved SignPuddle directory

Thu Sep 27 15:19:00 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 27, 2007

Hello Ingvild and Anny, and SW Listers!

Thanks for your comments below...There are so many countries now. I
am working on adding Jordan and Saudi Arabia...very exciting time...

Did you have the time to download the English translation of the
Research Studies conducted by Dr. AbuShaira, in Saudi Arabia and Jordan?

The statistical results showed that SignWriting helped the students
in school...From a statistical point of view, as far as I can see, it
is strongly in SignWriting's favor...I am hoping these studies will
encourage other schools, around the globe, to add SignWriting to
their instruction for signing Deaf students...

On the Sign Language Linguists List (SLLING) they have been
discussing it...

Here are the links again:

SignWriting in Arabic Nations
http://www.signwriting.org/arabia

Dr. Mohammed AbuShaira
SignWriting Research Study Saudi Arabia 2002, English Translation
from Arabic
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0487-AbuShairaSWStudy2002-
English.pdf

Dr. Mohammed AbuShaira
Dissertation on SignWriting Effect Deaf School Jordan, 2007, English
Translation from Arabic
(Note: This is only 30 pages from the center of the document,
translated into English)
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0489-
AbuShairaDissertation2007English.pdf

Have any of you read these documents?