Val back at her desk after giving a presentation ;-)

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Sep 12 17:18:41 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 12, 2007

Hello SW List Members!
At 7:00 am this morning I presented SignWriting to a women's club
here in La Jolla, California. Over breakfast and people rushing to
work, and arriving late to breakfast and so forth...I tried to
explain a little about signed languages, deafness, writing signed
languages, Deaf Education, and the specifics of our SignWriting
Literacy Project....All this in 20 minutes or less!

Smile...

One of the women had a grown Deaf son, and she just happened to be a
strong Sign Language advocate, after having sad experiences with
oralism in his childhood, so she was very supportive of the idea of
writing signed languages and took a bunch of literature to show her
son...smile...

A lovely woman from India also is interested in taking some materials
to northern India, so that is great too...

All in all it was very enjoyable...

So I will get to your emails now, and Marisa, I have not forgotten
your request for a definition for those unusual and un-used mouth
symbols...they are not important for your research since they are not
used by others...we will find out in a few years whether they will be
used...it takes time to see how symbols work...

More soon -

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help