Download Bible documents in SignWriting

Sat Apr 19 15:35:38 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
April 19, 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Carl Jones wrote:
> I'd love to get myself a Bible in SignWriting (shame I use BSL
> though), but if one comes for ASL SignWriting, I might get it anyway
> because I'm hoping to learn both.

Hello Carl!
Thank you for your message. Great to hear from you again.

You can download Bible documents written in ASL right now, on the web.

To download Bible documents written in different signed languages...

Go to:

SignWriting Religious Literature Library
http://www.SignWriting.org/library/religion.html

You will see there are documents in Norwegian Sign Language, American
Sign Language and Brazilian Sign Language.

There are also other Bible-translation projects using SignWriting that
are not on the web. One of them is in Catalan Sign Language from
Spain...

Sorry we do not have any in BSL yet...I hope someday!

And I also hope that someday we will have literature from other
religions translated into signed languages...

Good luck with your moving, Carl!

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help