AW: [sw-l] spelling question

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 20 18:28:39 UTC 2008

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. You are saying that you feel that the arrowheads create the center? I can see that. Thank you for pointing that out because it is really important that we as teachers of SignWriting know what students see to help them understand things correctly. So when talking about the center as regards to arrows, the arrowhead has no weight on the center. I guess that is something we will need to make clear. :-) I hope that help you understand why B is the correct form when following the "center" rule.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at googlemail.com>

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:02:44
To:"'SignWriting List'" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Subject: AW: [sw-l] spelling question

Hello Valerie, Adam, Ingvild, sw-list,

thanks for your comments. Well I can understand this idea about a “center of
a sign”  . If there are no arrows involved – just the pure circles with the
thin and thick part I have no problem to see them arranged in a symmetric
way with the tick part outside.  In combination with the arrows it “feels”
sometimes as if I focus more on these ..(like spelling A)  . but following
your rule as if looking into a room in front of me it makes sense to write
it as in spelling B  though both arrows on the right side seem to push the
hands visually to the right side...

Anyway it has been helpfull to think about it --- L.I.F.E

Thanks again

Stefan ;-)

_____