SignWriting Linguistic Society Washington DC area

Sun Apr 20 20:59:53 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
April 20, 2008

Charles Butler near Washington DC wrote:

> I would like to see if anyone on the East Coast of the United States
> would be interested in forming a local Sign Writing Linguistics
> Society.  I'm calling Kellogg Center at Gallaudet University to
> inquire about having a Sign Writing forum there sometime in the fall
> of 2009 or the spring of 2010.
>
> I need at least 8 people interested in attending before I try to get
> the word out more locally.  I'm hoping for presentations and posters
> from various U.S.-based groups.]
>
> Once I hear back from the Conference Center and can post approximate
> costs for stay so that we know how many people and how much per
> person to make this conference viable.
>
> Charles Butler

--------

Hello Charles!
This is an exciting and large project you are undertaking...Many
thanks for these efforts...

And keep us informed what happens - I hope the SignWriting Linguistics
Society becomes a reality!

Anyone want to visit Gallaudet and at the same time, attend a
SignWriting Linguistics seminar?

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help