Sign Writing Linguistic Society

Thu Apr 24 14:49:23 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
April 24, 2008

Hi Charles -
I remember that two other people mentioned interest...Cherie Wren and
Peter de Haas...and there may have been more...We can look in the SW
List Archives...

Val ;-)

----------

On Apr 24, 2008, at 7:21 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

> Well this is Charles Butler
>
> We have the following people who have expressed interest:
>
> KJ Boal - kjoanne403 at hotmail.com
> Adam - icemandeaf at gmail.com
> Kim from Boston - skifoot at gmail.com
> Ronald Detloff - signpreach at sbcglobal,net
>
> That's 4 people.  Until I hear from 8 people who are willing to trek
> to the Washington, DC area, I am hesitant to start doing anything
> but research on costs.
>
> When I have 8 people who commit themselves, then we can put out
> publicity, find a date, and work toward that end.  The hope is a
> Friday night, all day Saturday, Sunday morning seminar focused on
> Sign Writing and its use in Linguistics, Literature, and Literacy
> (three Ls).  How's that work?
>
> This will require financial commitment, willingness to regularly
> meet on line, pass along messages to the list, and ensure that we
> have the wherewithal and the participation to make it work.
>
> Charles Butler
> Producer, Sign Writing Linguistic Symposium (proposed)
> Hyattsville, MD
> chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
> 240-764-5748 (voice only)
>

> "K.J. Boal" <kjoanne403 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be there too, but I'm in western Canada . . . hopefully
> I'll be able to make it anyway!
> KJ
>
> > To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
> > Subject: Re: [sw-l] RE: Sign Writing Linguistic Society
> > From: icemandeaf at gmail.com
> > Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:22:33 +0000
> >
> > I am on the west coast, but I'd love to be there. Who knows, maybe
> the planets will align perfectly. :-)
> >
> > Adam

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting