Teaching children signwriting?

Sun Apr 27 14:23:36 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
April 27, 2008

Hello Carl and Lucy!

Thank you, Lucy, for answering Carl's question. It is great to have
you back on the SignWriting List ;-)

And Carl...thank you also for your question below...

Yes...SignWriting is taught all over the world, and Lucy, who answered
you, teaches SignWriting in Poland.

If you visit our web site:

SignWriting Site
http://www.SignWriting.org

...you will find many web pages showing Deaf children using and
learning SignWriting in Germany, Nicaragua, New Mexico, Belgium,
Brazil, France and other countries too...

How long does it take to learn SignWriting? As Lucy explained, it is
no harder than learning to read and write other languages, in fact
some people feel it is faster to learn than other writing systems
because of the visual nature of the symbols, connected to signs that
they already know....

Would you like to learn? If so, we can help you here on the
SignWriting List...

Start asking questions and we will answer them for you, one by one -

Val ;-)